Dr Rubina Ahmed
Dr Rubina Ahmad is one of the UK's most reputable and prominent interventional pain management doctors and a medical trainer with over 20 years experience, dedicated to interventional pain management.
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry call us.
Dr Rubina Ahmad is one of the UK’s most reputable and prominent interventional pain management doctors and a medical trainer with over 20 years of experience, dedicated to interventional pain management.
She is highly sought after worldwide for her ability to treat complex chronic pain patients by fellow doctors and hospitals. She is always striving to bring the latest innovative pain management techniques including Advanced Medical Therapies to provide healing and hope irrespective of the complexity.
– Go to doctor for pain management for joint pain, back pain, cancer pain and musculoskeletal illnesses
– Highly respected and sought after UK consultant in chronic pain medicine, specialising in interventional pain procedures
– She is well recognised for her expertise in dealing with complex cases by her peers and UK hospitals.
– Treats patients with latest innovative pain management techniques including Advanced Medical Therapies
– Regularly invited as a speaker to international conferences and pain forums
– Instructor and Educator on all aspects of interventional pain management.
– Diploma in Acupuncture
Areas of Expertise
Brighton and Sussex University teaching hospital Eastern Road, Brighton, BN2 5BE.
“Chronic pain medicine is a complex and challenging specialty and needs specialised attention due to the sensitivity of the disease process. These patients not only suffer with long term debilitating pain but chronic pain also affects the patient’s Biopsychosocial well being. Therefore, they deserve to be treated with extreme care and compassion. Chronic pain patients usually reach the pain department late and are extremely anxious for fear of the unknown and for any long-term permanent damage.
It is important to listen to patients’ pain journey with empathy and compassion, address their biopsychosocial aspect for accurate diagnosis and then invite the patient to participate in an evidence based individualised treatment plan. My experience with early Advanced Medical Therapy intervention has helped patients to reduce inflammatory processes, delay degenerative pathways and improve function and quality of life.I am passionate to help improve patient’s quality of life by improving their pain scores, and help with rehabilitation of their biopsychosocial process.”
Media Appearneces and conferences attended
- Role of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in Chronic Pain Medicine.
- Understanding pain pathways and coping strategies.
- Understanding chronic pain and the role of allied modalities.
- Live Television programme on pain management.
- March 2009 “Chronic pain problems and how to deal with chronic pain & mainly neck/back pain in everyday life”.
- Aug 2009 Live TV programme on Importance of “Pain Management Programme”
- Live TV programme on “Musculoskeletal disorders”. Jan 2006 BBC interview on the earthquake disaster relief work in Pakistan.
- Is refractory angina a risk factor for hemodynamic changes after stellate ganglion block? – British Pain Society (BPS) Meeting; 24th April – 27th April 2012. Liverpool – UK.
- Expectations after injection Therapy – World Institute of Pain (WIP) annual conference. Budapest; 30th Aug – 3rd
- A nationwide audit for use of ultrasound in interventional pain procedures –British Pain Society (BPS) Meeting; 31st March – 3rd April 2009. Surrey UK.
- A nationwide audit of Advanced Pain Training Programme; 31st March – 3rd April 2009. Surrey UK.
Awards And Honours
Dr Rubina has amassed over 20 years work experience dedicated to Interventional pain management at the following UK hospitals:
- The Addenbrooke’s Hospital, an internationally renowned teaching hospital affiliated to the University of Cambridge.
- Frimley Park Foundation Trust Hospital (military unit) serving the population of North Hampshire, West Surrey and East Berkshire. One of top 19 hospitals in England to achieve an excellent rating for service quality with Dr Ahmad personally receiving the Annual Certificate of Achievement at Frimley Park Hospital (2006)
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust Hospital, Reading, Berkshire
- North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple. Devon
- Bart’s London & The Royal London Hospital
- Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust