Prof Mohamed Imam
Prominent upper limb, sports injuries and complex trauma surgeon Clinical professor at the University of East London UK leader and educator in the field of orthopaedic surgery
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry call us.
Professor Imam is a fellowship-trained consultant recognised as a UK leader and educator in the field of orthopaedic surgery, upper limb surgery, sports injuries and complex trauma. He is a founding member of Pinnacle Global Healthcare. He finished his PhD on tendon healing and completed his training by undertaking multiple fellowships in Europe and the US. and is currently a clinical professor at the University of East London.
He is internationally known for his surgical expertise in treating different upper limb conditions specialising in arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery to treat many conditions such as rotator cuff tears, frozen shoulder, tendonitis, recurrent dislocations, biceps injury, tennis elbow, stiff elbow, wrist problems, and arthritis. He offers total and partial replacement of the joints, including computer navigation and bespoke shape-matched surgery. Professor Imam is leading research on the use of AI in surgery at the University of East London, and advocates for patient-centred and value-based healthcare, using the latest regenerative and innovative techniques. He is also a speaker at academic and social platforms at national and international levels, advocating for patient-centred and value-based healthcare and other latest regenerative and innovative techniques.
Areas of Expertise
The Lister Hospital, Chelsea,
London Chelsea Bridge
Road London SW1W 8RH
New Victoria Hospital,
London 184 Coombe Lane West,
Kingston upon Thames KT2 7EG London
Nuffield Health Woking Hospital
Shores Road, Woking, GU21 4BY
BMI The Runnymede Hospital
Guildford Road Ottershaw
Chertsey Surrey KT16 0RQ
“Every patient and each situation is unique and as such, I want to get to know them and determine what is causing their pain, hurt or illness. I always listen to my patients with empathy and compassion and welcome their questions and active participation in developing an individualised treatment programme.”
“My goal is always to focus on a preservation modality using the latest evidence-based research including Orthobiologics medicine, prior to any surgery that may ultimately be necessary. My goal is to alleviate the pain, help patients recover from injury or illness. And to restore motion and function, getting them back into action in the quickest and safest time frame possible. As well, I like to personally keep in touch during the recovery and rehabilitation journey, being there to promptly address any complications that may arise.”
Awards And Honours
- •Invigilator and Examiner in the Medical Licensing exam, General Medical Council, UK
- •GMC Station Management Panel Member, General Medical Council, UK
- •Medical performance Assessment Panel, General Medical Council, UK.
- •ISAKOS Young Professionals Task Force Committee Member, International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, USA.
- •Associate Editor and Editorial Board member BMC Series International, London, UK.
- •Editorial Board and Reviewer in more than 20 international Medical Journals.
- •Course Convenor, Chertsey FRCS course, Chertsey, Surrey, UK
- •Training director, Accredited International Teaching Centre, ISAKOS, UK
- •Co-Founder and Board Member of the FRCS mentor Initiative, London, UK.
- •UNICEF UK Champion, London, UK.
- •Accredited FIFA Medical Network member, Zurich, Switzerland.
- •Research background and publications
- •Undertook fellowships with Professor Christian Gerber; the world-leading pioneer of modern shoulder surgery in Zurich, Switzerland, The BGU Trauma centre in Ludwigshafen, Germany. As well as The Steadman clinic (US Olympic team centre of excellence) and Stanford University